AHVN Training Institute Diversity and Inclusion 4-Part Training Series
Facilitated by Jodie Dailey, LCSW, MLIS and Felicia Loring, MS
This training (offered via instructor-led module and/or virtual blended), facilitated by Jodie Dailey, LCSW, MLIS & Felicia Loring, MS, is a four-part series on diversity and inclusion for early childhood home visitors and parent educators. It includes video segments from motivational speaker Liz Nead and open, facilitated conversations designed to help participants learn about themselves and others, develop empathy and make sense of the diversity in our everyday lives. Conversations are designed to help understand how we think about diversity and inclusion and assist participants in talking with each other about these sometimes tense topics. Enrollment is limited to home visiting professionals within the Arkansas Home Visiting Network.
Pre-enrollment required. Limited enrollment. Check our AHVNTI training calendar for upcoming sessions you and your staff can join or contact Felicia Loring, MS to request an offering of this training for your staff. (New April 2021)
- Recognize the challenges that arise in having diversity conversations
- Work to develop empathy for those who are different from themselves
- Challenge themselves to become more comfortable with diversity conversations
More information about MIECHV required trainings which includes the Diversity & Inclusion Series
📋Printable MIECHV Checklist Training Tracker now Available!
More info about the AHVN Training Institute Bundles (for quicker enrollment)
📌Within first 8 weeks of hire date (FY23) Bundle A MIECHV Fiscal Year 2023 July 2022-June 2023 (FY23)
These 5 Benchmark trainings (available online) are to be completed within the first 8 weeks of a new hire's start date.
- Continuous Quality Improvement CQI (MOD202 Online) (Online Only)
- Improving Family Health: Adult Tobacco Use & Young Children's Health (MOD206 Online) (MOD005 In-Person)
- Parental (Maternal) Depression (MOD207 Online) (MOD011 In-Person)
- Improving Family Health: The ABCs of Breastfeeding *for Models serving infants (MOD208 Online) (MOD003 In-Person)
- Understanding Intimate Partner Violence (MOD212 Online) (MOD449 Virtual-Blended) (MOD049 In-Person) (Futures Without Violence In-Person)
📌Within first year of hire date (FY23) Bundle B MIECHV Fiscal Year 2023 July 2022-June 2023 (FY23)These 7 trainings- 3 trainings (available online) and the Diversity and Inclusion 4-Part Series (only available virtual-blended) are to be completed within the first year of a new hire's start date.
- Strategies for Home Visitor Safety (MOD213 Online) (MOD414 Virtual-Blended) (MOD049 In-Person)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences ACEs (MOD217 Online) (MOD437 Virtual-Blended) (MOD037 In-Person)
- Safe Sleep Practices: Changing Knowledge and Behavior to Promote Safe Sleep Practices for Families with Infants *for Models serving 0-3 (MOD219 Online) (MOD019 In-Person)
- 📅Diversity & Inclusion 4 part series: (MOD603; MOD446, MOD447, MOD228) *Note: Unlike the other trainings, this training series is NOT offered as an online self-paced training. This particular series is currently ONLY offered via virtual-blended deliver (live Zoom meeting). You must locate an upcoming date, register, and attend each component to complete this training requirement. Participants are not required to attend the sessions in numerical order. Pre-registration is required because space is limited.
📌Annually (FY23) Bundle C MIECHV Fiscal Year 2023 July 2022-June 2023 (FY23)These 2 trainings are to be completed annually. Fiscal Year FY23 begins on July 1, 2022 and ends June 30, 2023
- Role of Home Visitor: Responding and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (MOD215 Online) (MOD016 In-Person)
- 📅Trauma Informed Approaches in Home Visiting (MOD441 Virtual-Blended) (MOD041 In-Person) *Note: Unlike the other trainings above, this training is NOT offered as an online self-paced training. This particular training is currently ONLY offered via virtual-blended delivery (live Zoom meeting). You must locate an upcoming date, register, and attend to complete this training.
How Registration for a Conversation Café works:
How Registration for a Conversation Café works:
Home visiting professionals who register for one (or all 3) of the Virtual Conversation Café Trainings are manually added (by Mona Scott) to the MOD603 Intro to Diversity and Inclusion online self-paced training as a pre-work assignment before attending the one of Conversation Café(s). The Virtual Conversation Café offerings are delivered via zoom.
Mona usually waits until about a week before the virtual blended training to enroll the attendees in the Introduction Video Course so that the content is top of mind when the attendees log-in to participate in the virtual Conversation Café(s).
You can register you and/or your staff for our upcoming session(s) here: https://ahvnti.thinkific.com/pages/virtual-blended-training-calendar
You can see who is already registered for these trainings by looking at these links:
Conversation Café Part 1: https://airtable.com/shrPvSVXIb1ixskRY
Conversation Café Part 2: https://airtable.com/shrHWhHICRgLUOMbf
Conversation Café Part 3: https://airtable.com/shruButxe6va663Vl
Example: For the March 14th offering of Conversation Café Part 1- Mona will process the registrations around March 6th. At that time, those registrants will receive Thinkific log-in information on how to complete MOD603 Intro to Diversity and Inclusion video self-paced online course. They will also receive information regarding the virtual blended Conversation Café Part 1 on that day as well (if they are registered to attend on March 14th).